Thursday, August 04, 2005

"Version City"

Another short post, though a more detailed one is soon coming. I have done little work on my new campaign setting, though after some musical listening, I have decided to rename the place "Version City", after the song by The Clash of the same name. The song and several other songs on the album Sandinista! gave me the ideas for the noir-type atmosphere I want to convey, which is good because it gives me an idea about the game I want to run as well. I'm trying to think about the level of headware, and I'm thinking kind of alternate-history: Cyberpunk tech level, with a 1930's feel. Something with lots of vacuum tubes. I dunno. The guns will probably be old, with a couple WWII throwbacks (recoilless rifles, anyone?), and I'm definitely thinking about crazy walker-type robots. Mad-scientist shit, though the possibilities are endless, and awesome. The budget would definitely be low...I'm thinking of raising the prices of "old guns" back to full from what is entailed in the core book, and anything big and ridiculous could be 2x-5x base before black market mods. I don't know, but it's all being worked out. Things would be mostly new, though the majority of things would be "old guns". Well, new idea, new things to implement. Off I go...

No comments: