Saturday, March 04, 2006

Third Session

Had my third session today. It went quite nicely, though I think I am generally better suited to running more light-hearted campaigns. For instance, for one reason or another, I ended up acting out an NPC ordering from Wendy's in full combat gear, including a gas mask. As a result of this, I am considering going back to 2020 in the near to mid-future. I enjoy the camp, and with a fixed point game, I can go about having a narrative and being crazy go nuts with the whole thing. I want to take my players back to my tri-city world, because I've had so much fun in it. This current campaign is going well, but I don't have the same depth I did with some of the NPCs that my old group came to both love and loathe.
At the same time, running GURPS has made me seriously consider some other campaign ideas that could work really well. I could do my weird religion one, or even better, Assassin's Quest if I ever figure out how the hell to map out that universe. It's a gigantic space opera, even I find it a little intimidating to go back to. And yet, I came up with it on my own, in my mind, before I even knew what roleplaying was. So, I've narrowed down ideas for my next campaign:
-Cyberpunk 2020: cut the bullshit, make it rich and high powered. 75 points, big characters, big guns, big action.
-GURPS: A couple ideas. Either a creative supers campaign (like the religion one, maybe something else modern-day based), or Assassin's Quest, my space opera world that has been percolating in my head for a long time. I only remember a few players: The four terran groups, the Alliance, the Royalists, the Imperium, and the Cideans, and the two alien races, the insectoid Simhara and the psionic Mu'udarans. Could be interesting.
-Paranoia XP: The game's concept fascinates me, and I think I could run a really good Paranoia game.

My current campaign is going well, though I probably would want to go back to CP2020 if I ever did cyberpunk again.

No comments: