Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008: The year in review

What a crazy year this has been.

I rang in 2008 halfway across the world, in Israel. I suppose it was fitting, because if any one event had the biggest impact on my year, it was Birthright. It changed my religious outlook, changed my social life, and probably was involved in one way or another in every big thing that happened to me after that.
The most significant part of my life, school, was on a good upswing. My second semester junior year and first semester senior year were two of my best semesters, grade-wise. I also took classes that began my real end of college, my big projects. And now, with only one semester left, I'm feeling the heat, so to speak.
Junior year ended with a bang. I ended a long relationship, turned 21, won a trophy (buggy, woo), and then left for Chicago at the end of May. The internship was an eye-opening experience in my life, and will probably be a very important one as I continue to search for a job.
Then, senior year started. The job search combined with that damn lab class helped ratchet up my frustration and stress level in what all other ways should have been an easy semester. Alls well that ends well, though, and breaking 3.5 for a semester GPA was the highest GPA I have thus received at CMU. If it weren't for that lab class, I would have had a 4.0.
And now, I'm here. With things changing as quickly as they have this past semester, I don't know what to expect during my last semester. I guess it's reasonable to assume more adventure of the type I started having this past semester, but that's so vague, it's hard to say it means anything. The only thing to do now is keep an open mind about everything ahead of me. College ends in five months, real life begins. What a thought.

No comments: