Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Atomic Bitchwax

I have discovered a new band. They are called The Atomic Bitchwax. They are off the hook.
Their self-titled album made it onto Jalopnik's Top Ten Driving Albums, and with a name like that, I had to check it out. They are, describably, psychedelic blues metal. Song structure is similar to many psychedelic rock outfits, with rock song elements punctuated by meandering solos and some aural elements generally associated with "stoner" music. But, above all this, they kick ass, and they kick it hard.
I'd have to say listen to it. If you're more interested in jam bands and that kind of stuff, this may be what gets you into harder stuff. I'd also heartily recommend it to fans of Clutch. The overall sound on the first album reminded me of Blast Tyrant, in a good way.

No comments: