Friday, May 04, 2007

Evil Plan Redux

Well, my plan is being updated. I still plan on running a VTT game, but my format is going to be different. Currently, the plan is Skype + Gametable. Gametable is very simple, Java (so it should be compatible for everyone), and just enough to do dice rolls and basic map arrangement. The main thing should not be in the interface, it should be via voice. I am curious to know if anyone has done this before, and how it worked.
Also, my campaign choice is not as clear-cut as before. I still have my AQ sci-fi campaign, but with my recent and unexpected acquisition of GURPS Magic, I have considered doing a slightly different campaign, using some material I wrote in high school, which would be adjusted for GURPS and for my setting. Both have potential to be really cool campaigns, but the more fantasy-oriented one, the players would have more of an opportunity to make cool characters. Also, my AQ campaign would work decently well with a large group (the summer group will be smaller), so I'm tempted to keep it until the school year. I don't yet know what we'll do next year...if we finish the current Cyberpunk campaign, then I'll be tempted to hold over the AQ campaign. Otherwise, it's a toss-up.
Well, I'll figure it out. Luther and I are running Cyberpunk tomorrow, so I'll test the waters for my summer ideas.

No comments: