Thursday, May 29, 2008

Oh man

First things first, I finally have internet in my room in Chicago. This means I will now resume wasting time.
Things have really picked up this week. We're about done with training now, and starting to get our assignments (starting, I'm still unsure exactly what I'm doing). Tomorrow, we get our PPE (personal protective equipment) and tour the plant. It's going to be pretty cool, and it'll probably give a better idea of what we're going to be expected to do. After our physicals on Monday or Tuesday, we're essentially doing our thing for the rest of the summer. Should be pretty cool.

I've had some opportunities to get out and explore, but now that I'm waking up around 5:30 to get to work on time, that's not going down during the week. I'll figure out what my weekends will be like come Saturday, but my expectation is that it'll be pretty cool.

Well, I'll be online now, and probably IMing a lot of people between the hours of 8 and 10 EST, since that's when I'll be in my room, not doing much.

No comments: