Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dragging

I really just want it to be Thanksgiving, but there's a lot of work to be done before that. This lab will take up the rest of this evening and tomorrow evening, and the paper will be my whole weekend.

But after that, home. Home is an opportunity to relax for a bit, and seeing family is always nice. But right now I seem to be looking ahead...I want the semester to be over so I can get to the next one...I want the year to be over so I can graduate already. This may not be so good.

I'm wondering why it took so long to start really doing what I wanted to do, socially. I got a little start freshman year, though for reasons clear to me now, it never really got very far...
I'm not sure how I got my priorities so mixed up. At the time, everything I was doing seemed fine and good, but now that I'm going about things differently, a good year and a half seems like it was spent in a holding pattern. When now I'm meeting new people, having fun, and learning about myself, my last relationship seems like it was a holding pattern and an utter waste of time.

I know it was a learning experience, and I doubt I would have gotten to where I am now without it. But if I had been more willing to take risks and broaden my horizons, the results would probably have been better. Instead, I was trying to bring someone else up to my level, rather than pushing my own level up even further. And in the last semester, I've proven to myself that I can change myself much quicker and easier than I can ever change others.

And now, I know what I need to do, and I have so much less time left to do it in. Best to take advantage of the environment while I have it. Whenever I move on to my next big thing, I want to be sure that I really have no regrets.

No comments: