Sunday, September 14, 2008

Another sleep-inducing edition of...

Stealthy/Pious Fun Facts!

Over the summer, my old tracking provider, Tracksy, kind of disappeared/died on me. So, I switched to a different provider, StatCounter. StatCounter provides a lot of information, though you're limited to your 500 most recent hits. Even so, the trend tracking is very interesting, and it does a better job pinpointing ISP based on email address. Additionally, cookie-based tracking means individual user tracking is much easier.
Now, a lot of weird random people visit this site. I still get a fair amount of traffic from Google image search, and every once in a while, someone from my brother's blog will wander over here. However, the majority of traffic is from people I know. There are many hints, but the biggest ones are referral links (or lack thereof) and the number of hits in a given month. When the random guy from Brazil decides to look at the X-Runner picture (again), he'll usually do it once, after getting referred from Google image search. All you wonderful friends of mine click straight to the site, or click on it through Facebook. And, you tend to visit 10-20 times a month, though sometimes multiple times a day (I don't get it, I definitely don't update that often).
So, tracking, as well or as poorly as it's done, is still little more than a novelty. That being said, I do know who reads this, and if it's ever sounded like I directed an entry specifically at you for some reason, I probably did.

Well, probably not, but I do love making people paranoid.

No comments: