Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy New Year

Yup, Rosh Hashanah. New year. Time to think about how things could be different, how last year was, all those great things...
At this point in the year, I'm frustrated. Mostly frustrated with my social life, frustrated with my dating life (lack thereof), frustrated with those sorts of things. There's always a point where you can't see anything resolving, you honestly can't think of a way things will get better in the near future. And that's really disheartening.
I'm not cut out for this whole thing. I can't stand the game that gets played surrounding interactions with the opposite sex...but it seems like it's a prerequisite for getting anywhere, and that frustrates me. No one is comfortable with being honest and out there a bit, and, admittedly, I'm not either. But still...
The fact that the only way I can see myself improving with respect to this is by graduating and moving on is, well, to say the least, depressing.
So I have to think of some way to make it better. All I can think of is to keep doing what I'm doing, putting myself out there, and taking more risks. It's the only way things will improve, in the long run.

No comments: