Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Maps

This is really for any roleplayer anywhere out there in the blogosphere. Do you like maps? I do.

When I played D&D, I made maps for everything. As I detailed earlier, I used street maps for CP, but detail maps I didn't really have many of. And from the few times I have used them, I know they are a big help for organization and for your players.

Right now, I'm in the brainstorming stage for a new campaign that I want to have semi-playable when I move to Pittsburgh for college in about five weeks. I have some ideas and some inspiration (see: Batman Begins and Divine Inspiration), but I want to put them down on paper now.

Here's a GM's boon: quadrille notebooks. I bought a bright orange quadrille book in France the summer after eighth grade, and it's been a GM primary for me for the past five years. I now need to get another one and start drafting.

Any brilliant ideas for a new and completely original campaign? I have a lot of corporations and mobs and gangs to write up, so any advice is appreciated.

No comments: