Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Most people...

...never consider their online paper trail. Most people never delete their livejournals.

In an outburst of pure, unadulterated curiosity, I fired up ye olde browser, and surfed the livejournals of a few people I knew in high school. They hadn't been updated since 2006, at the most recent, and with one exception, did not really reflect the people as I knew them now. And of course, the exception was a singular entry written about how much the person had changed in the span of two years.

I'm not sure what people think of looking back. I look back a lot, because I've lived a very interesting life, and having record of that is, well, interesting. Of course, I deleted my livejournal. I can't say I regret that, but at the same time...

Sometimes I think it would have been interesting to read. I was such a different person in high school.

Speaking of different people...
For some reason, we watched this motivational-esque video at the end of our safety training. A lot of heartwarming bullshit, but one thing came up about setting goals. So, I'm going to set hard and fast goals. They may be hell to get to, but that's the point.

I will publish a novel.

That is my goal for right now. And damn it, I'm going to make it happen. Because aiming really fucking high is probably the only way I'm going to stop dilly-dallying and write something already. I've written probably 750+ words about writing, why don't I just write something?

No comments: