Friday, June 16, 2006

My brother has done another nasty thing, he has...

Yes, my brother has gotten me addicted to Fable.
The game is sweet. Only RPG I know of that allows polygamy, and has a counter that tells how often your character has had sex. But the cool stuff are the real customizable things, like tattoos, and scars that show up on your character's face after battles. Really sweet.
A lot of these kinds of things are really easy to do in paper and dice, actually. It's a matter of keeping track of things, and encouraging character depth so that you have value to that sort of transaction. It's something your players have to want, you can't force them.
I have some ideas for going back in the fall, about my new setting, Version City. I've plotted out lots of ideas for Version City, and I'm going to make it good. The Coast was too generic. Astropolis was really creative, but there was still not enough detail. Version City is going to have detail, character, and attitude. Looking through sheets when I get back, we'll figure out where everyone stands, and then, they'll start off...no longer normal people with a slight amount of weirdness, they'll be edgerunners. And then we can all have some fun.
In the meanwhile, we have PBP, and I have high hopes I'll be able to pull this off.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Yes! Honestly, I have wanted to take the "weirdness magnet" disadvantage for a long time, but it wouldn't work with my first two characters because they're too sneaky and normal, but now I am excited!

Woot