Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My job hunt is finally, finally over

As an added bonus, I'm leaving Carlisle for the rest of the summer tomorrow.
I literally ran out of job options this weekend, when I was notified of an opening at Camp Becket. I inquired, got the job, and am shipping out tomorrow, making it in time for about half of staff week. I'll be in a Pioneer cabin the first session, and second session, most likely roving. Most important, I do get paid, and I am doing something.
I'm bringing my laptop, so though my accessibility will be severely limited (read: nil til 10pm), I'll be able to continue with PBP and a few other things.
This brings one other interesting idea into the equation...I have days off, and on those, I have a car. I'll be much closer to New York, so if you're around, I may give you a call...mostly, I'm just planning to make this summer into something good, after a month of career-oriented futility.
I'll write an update after I get there with a mailing address, and then after that, most likely put the blog on hiatus, as my internet access in the evening will neither be guaranteed, nor that fast either. However, I'll do my best to keep in touch with people, whether by e-mail or snail mail. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow aaron thats all good. better than slogging it out at CVS for minimum wage. You will meet cool people, have serious fun, and be a great role model. I bet Keinan is just the slightest bit jealous. You can count on me for a care package or something. Jude

Lindsey said...

Except he's going to be earning a fraction of minimum wage working 14 hour days all summer, for beans ;)