Monday, August 21, 2006

Analysis

Okay, looking at the previous post with more sleep and more sanity, I have decided to analyze the writing a bit, in order to see exactly how I wrote that. If you've been reading this blog at all and seen my other writing, you'll know this one was different.
1. Nobody in this story is based on a real person, at all. The name Trey I used because it was monosyllabic, which fitted the meter I was looking for. No hard feelings, Trey.
2. Yeah, so I dropped a few punk-y bits, like the fact that it was set in Version City. That was for me more than the reader, and reinforced the meaning of the Alley, and the meaning of the events that transpired.
3. With the writing of 2, I figured out the theme. The theme of the story is internal control versus external chaos. The conclusion is clear, stating that you cannot find internal control unless you can remove yourself from the chaos around you.
4. Yes, there is a bit of an event chain that's inspired from something that happened to me (inspired by, it did not happen in anything that has the foggiest resemblance to the story), but it serves the purpose of showing that the struggle for centrism and self-understanding are clouded by both internal and external chaos.

So there you go. Apparently, I'm still trying to be centered, as that struggle is what came out in these words last night.

If you think I'm missing something, or would like to add a bit to this, feel free to comment.

No comments: