Saturday, August 05, 2006

iPod? Yeargh!

So, I've been looking for an iPod...hell, I've been looking for a 30+ GB hard drive mp3 player, any. The refurbs on eBay look fair, pricewise, though everyone's getting worked up about the whole warranty jazz, since my bro fried his brand new iPod. I don't think it'll make a difference...but I can't really afford a new one, by any stretch of the imagination. I'm tempted to see what they have for refurb electronics at The Exchange once I get back to Pittsburgh, since I saw an iPod there, for what I thought was either 100 even or 120. Both good, and within my price range. I need to talk with someone about the whole eBay thing...*sigh*. Oh well. It'll happen eventually...maybe.
In the meanwhile, I can be unrealistic about other things.
Car!
I'm going to Advance Auto Parts in Pittsfield on Monday to buy Seafoam. Seafoam is an automotive cleaning solvent which is introduced directly into the engine through the throttle body, via a vacuum line like your PCV valve. After a torrent of smoke and debris, you've cleaned out your engine a bit, and will get better power delivery and gas mileage. So says their website. I'm going to do the whole works, being crankcase, throttle body, and fuel tank. Then, hopefully I'll exorcise my torque demon once and for all. And if it doesn't work, no worries, I'm spending no more than 10 bucks for the whole operation (6 for the seafoam, and I'm buying myself a funnel).

Back home on the 15th. Out again the 17th. Last time I'm home til Thanksgiving. Drop a line.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Good luck on that endeavor. Yeah, the warranty is very useful, I did the same thing as Keinan before...

I'm quite disappointed that I won't be seeing you until maybe thanksgiving, if even then. This time I'll ACTUALLY send you something at school though! I need your address when you find it. I now have the means to do so, thanks to term billing and the CA post office.