Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Do you ever wonder

More stream of consciousness, I'm afraid. But I'll try to make it quick.

I received some of the best advice ever today. I was told to "just relax". That does not sound easy, does it? I went back to my room, sat down, and thought about it for a minute. I exorcized from my mind a good large lot...the whirlwind of brotherhood, engineering, and sex. Two which make my life, the third I try to make in my life...not very successfully. But in the long run, it doesn't matter. Now that I've actually been to all of my classes, the reminder is there...given the correct focus, life will be a success, and then my real dreams can come true. There are important things in life...there are less important things. Knowing the difference doesn't always make a difference in the heat of the moment...but at least I've been given something else to focus on.
It appears that my classes will be very interesting this semester. It gives me something to emotionally invest in, that is something that actually exists. And I can remember that if I do get an internship that contributes to my financial solvency, some of my pipe dreams will be that much closer to reality.

No comments: