Friday, April 14, 2006

DeWalt 1, Aaron 0

Yeah, power drills hurt when they miss. And hit your thumb. But after the initial torrent of blood and the fainting, I'm all right.
I have a few random plans for the car over the summer. They shouldn't be too expensive, but should improve things a bit:
1. Do the necessary repairs. That's going to be done probably at a shop, maybe before I get home. Along with registration and insurance, it's necessary.
2. Paint the heat shield. Take it out, paint, put it back in. Simple. And it'll look cool. And I'll use the black heat paint I already have.
3. Get some wheels. Either go to a junkyard, or get some OEM 7th gen rims off of ebay. They're cheap (no more than 200, and that's steep), and they look nicer than my current ones.
4. Fix trunk spring. 50 bucks, one spring, and some annoyance to take the old one off.
5. Replace antenna. Shouldn't be too expensive, or too difficult. And I can take that annoying copper wire out.
6. Be awesome.

1 comment:

Maria said...

How exactly did you manage to drill your own dear finger?

Fainting? oh dear.

It only takes one mistake to make sure you never do it again.

So I'll be thankful it was only your thumb...