Monday, April 10, 2006

Music Recommendation: Heavy Weather

Heavy Weather
Weather Report

This album is one that I acquired recently, after hearing Dan sing the praises of Weather Report three or four years ago. It is a jazz album, and me not being terribly into jazz is one reason I never really tried that hard to pick it up. That being said, it is an excellent album, both musically complex and interesting, and also a lot of fun to listen to. I mentioned I'm not a big jazz person, so I won't try to give any amount of in-depth description, but I will say that anyone who likes music for the sake of listening to music should love this album.

Other current favorites:
Parliament/Funkadelic: I've been listening to both Maggot Brain, and Mothership Connection. A lot of fun.
Panic! At The Disco: As poppy as I'll get, but I like them a lot.
The Zutons: I wasn't sure what to expect, don't know how to categorize them either, but I like them.

No comments: