Sunday, April 02, 2006

Don't you want to know why we keep starting fires...

So, the pledge party was last night, and it was awesome. People showed up, there was lots of dancing, and I wore the tightest pants I probably ever will in my life.
I anticipate a few pictures of me in women's leopard-print bell bottoms will show up on facebook inevitably. I don't blame whoever posts them. Apparently, these pants not only made me very...uh..."touchable", they also caused a few people to shield their eyes in awe. Nah, not really. But it was fun anyway.
I'm remembering some things will always show you something new. Everytime you thought you knew what was going on, a new angle presents itself. For most of my life, these new angles have been disappointments, reminding me of my ignorance, or my naivete. Now, it just seems things keep getting better. You consign yourself to what you think are the bounds of a friendship, and then they expand. You make plans that seem destined to fall through, and they come together fabulously. And you will be taught, that in the annals of pantsless bartending, there is never such a thing as "normal". And this is meant in the absolute best way possible, trust me.
Things continue to build up in the weeks leading to Carnival. Whereas usually I'm pretty frazzled when it comes to the unknown, this I look forward to. Within the next 3 weeks or so, several things will be brought to bear, just because everything is happening at once. Formal on the 8th, room draw on the 9th, job appointments on the 10th...I have this weekend to finish off, then things start getting nuts. It's awesome.
I know I did say at one point, this blog would be more for RP and writing...well, I have neither had time to game, nor write. At the very least, I can give you a bit of insight as to what's happening in its stead.
I've been reading The Perfect Spy, by John LeCarre. I'll post a blurb or review or something when I finish it.

No comments: