Saturday, May 27, 2006

A holiday weekend

Well, Dad's back from Scotland, which means more misadventures this weekend with both the car and our dining room floor. At this point, his idea for removing those damn screws is to take them out destructively, and it actually sounds like he knows how to do this without damaging the car, which is good. After that, we'll finally mount the plates and jump the car. Which is good, because it needs to be drivable by Tuesday in order to get the third estimate for the clutch and the timing belt. WOO! Looks like having the car done by the first of June is a tad optimistic, but not too far off. I may have it by the time I start work, or there may be a week of time where I'm still in the van. No big deal either way.
Went to Chase's party last night, which was cool...reminded me of the people in high school I didn't want to actively strangle. That's good. Nice to see some familiar faces.
Oh well. Dinner soon, then another night of wasting time. I'm excited.

No comments: