Monday, May 29, 2006

In case you couldn't tell, I'm excited

Now on the road. The smallest engine in our garage, a 2.2L 5S-FE, compared to Dad's 3.0 and Mom's 3.3. Not as much power as either of them, but with 150 ft-lbs of torque, it pulls way harder than the minivan. Also corners way better than the minivan too. I've been out driving 3 times in the two days it's been alive, and the thing steers just like I remember. The intake growl is addictive, and amazing considering the piping providing it was built and installed by yours truly. The clutch actually has more feel to it than I remember, and that should be even better after the work is done. And, even better, I've travelled nearly 110 miles on between 3 and 4 gallons of gas. Now that is cool. The thing does get 30mpg, both city and highway if I baby it. So, it's 30/34 conservative, 27/32 the way I actually drive it. Neither of which are too bad.

No comments: